Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Luke77 recently started a thread on tactics for springers that is getting some nice response. I fish the beaches for salmon more than the rivers as I find many of the rivers I visit seem to have lock jawed fish. I think that the river depth, rate of flow and where the fish hold will dictate if you need to use full sinking lines, sinking tip lines, a versitile interchangable tip system with varied weights, full floating, short leaders, long leaders and what weight and size of flies are best. All this really does not answer your question, rather it opens more variables. I think that much of what you might need to read about will be found here on this great site. The search function will lead to you a lot of it and you'll find a lot of very experienced fishermen and women here who post and share great information about how to get set up. Welcome, and best of luck. I don't know much but if there are questions you have feel free to hit me with a PM.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
You are welcome. I bought a TFO TiCr-X 8wt last year just to fish for Chum in a few local estuaries and rivers. That rod is like an 9wt as it is stout. I would not hesitate to fish for kings with that rod but it could break. Great warranty rods hurt a little less when they break. Just something to consider.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.