Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I am working with some local fly-shops in an effort to piece together a food drive. Is this something you guys and girls will participate in? When you go to your local fly shop pitch some canned food in a box.... simple, your going anyway. Everything would be delivered to local family's in need. So before I ask another fly-shop if they will help, will you? Feel free to say yes or no, thanks.

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
Without question Stewart just let me know which shops agreed to help.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
of course. this is a great idea. We have done something similiar before with a candy shop in NY. Someone would bring in canned food and they would get to pick out on piece of their favorite candy. Perhaps if they bring in food, they can pick out 1 trout fly. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Stewart -
Great idea - count me in for a donation to the shop closest to me.

Chef - The fly idea would appeal to some but I have concern that a successful drive might result in a significant finacial hit for the shop. However I do like the idea enough that I would be more than willing to supply say 2 dozen cutthroat spiders if there is a shop interested in using a "free fly" as come on.

I'll leave it to Stewart to decide whether that free fly idea has merit or is worth while for the shops and whether or how they want to deal with donated flies.

If by chance there are shops that think a fly give away of donated flies is a good idea I challenge others to step up as well.

Tight lines
Curt

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
When I started reading this I thought it was a good thing. Helping people in need. But when you start helping people that don't need this as they are to lazy to work. I kind of draw a line there. You don't get to choose who you give food to.

I might sound negative but helping people out that don't need it burns my ass big time. I've been in that way a time or two but I never abused the system the way it is done now.

Sorry for the way this came out.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A small percentage of people that don't need help is OK when the big percent will. New thread starting: FOOD DRIVE... thanks for the help as I knew you all will.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.