Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
dUMB aRKiE
93 Posts
Yes the rod is heavy, just like Bamboo, Yes the rod is softer casting, just like Bamboo. Yes it is beautiful, Just like Bamboo. It is made just like bamboo, from 6 seprate complex tapered strips bonded together, They are expensive just like bamboo. And they are a bit more powerful than the average Bamboo. All in All I would say, get a Bamboo!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have one, and it is my favorite.

Mine is a 4/5, 9' rod. They have a nice medium action. If you like a fast action" Buggy Whip" type rods which is quite common of the newer fast action graphite rods, I do not think you would like them, unless you are willing to give it some time to adjust your casting stroke.

One aspect of that is very good, is it is very easy to mend line. Overall , it is my favorite rod except one thing: I bought a 2 piece instead of a three piece. With my small truck it is a bit of a pain to transport.

When I can, I am going to buy another one, which will happen when I sell some Bamboo Rods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.