Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Les, we certainly will keep in touch, even though we haven't met yet I intend to get up tp see you soon. I've followed your writing and at least some of your books. Are you up to signing some if people bring them by once in awhile? We don't want to swamp you with work but it will be great to see you. So glad to see you're up to hitting the keys a little anyway. I'll call when I can come by to be sure you're not busy. Take care, Bob

·
Formerly "nextcast"
347 Posts
Welcome back to the free world, Les! Hope your recovery continues at a speedy rate.

·
Flyslinger
1,937 Posts
Way to go Les. Glad to hear you are home. Keep working at getting better. I hope to see you at another FFF event some day.
God Bless you and your family you will continue to be in my prayers.
Blessings
jesse clark

G

·
Great news Les...Get better and stop pinching the nurses...or not...:thumb: Glad your back in the free world..it misses you!!!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Les, keep working hard on your recovery. We need you back out there in the saltwater hooking big coho and chinook. Through your writings and conservation work you have inspired more people and made more friends than you will ever have time to meet. Good luck to you and Carol.

·
No longer here
4,034 Posts
Les,

Great to hear that you're back home and progressing. I recently bought a copy of "Fly Fishing for Coastal Cutthroat Trout" and need to get it signed soon. :thumb:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Kirk Werner

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Wonderful to hear from you and to know your healing continues. All the best Sir!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Les,
I first found out about your situation a couple of weeks ago. I've been off line for a long time so things come around the long way if at all. My first thought was that "Les is just too damned tough to let this get him down"
There is nothing better than getting back in familiar surroundings!!
Your Flyfishing for Coastal Cutthroat Trout may be one of the most informative books on this subject. It has given me a lot of things to think about. And to me that is the mark of a good book. I don't always agree but I understand your points and valid they are!

Five years ago I had a fairly serious heart attack, according to the doc. He started telling me of all the things I couldn't do. I quess I am just to darn stubborn but I told him BS! It was hard at first and somewhat nerve racking but I told myself I would not except ANY limitations. It was a lot of hard work but it worked. My Cardiologist just shakes his head. The last time I saw him afew months ago he jokingly told me I am doing these things just to make him get grey hair. Then very seriously he said, "attitude is something a doctor can not give nor prescribe. Pills can control some things but attitude is what makes things happen!"
I thought I would share this with you. Maybe it will give you a perspective or confirm one you already have.
Keep up the hard work! It will pay off!!!

wet line Dave

·
Da Mailman! Making sure you get yours!
95 Posts
Godspeed on your recovery!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great news!
Looking forward to again reading your insightful posts on the forum. Your views on conservation of the resource, SRCs, and other fishing related matters offer a valuable perspective on issues of concern to all of us.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Jim

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Les, Glad to hear you're back home and online! Best wishes and we look forward to you getting back out on the water when you can! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.