Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a game!

Game 7's are the best, in all of sports!

No team has ever come back, from a 3-1 deficit.

Teams down 3-1, were 0-32...until tonight! I thought it was pretty cool to watch history like that. Reminded me of the Boston vs NY in baseball ALCS, and the 18-0 Pat's.

Reactions: wadin' boot

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sucks to see a franchise that has such a tough road lose to a spoiled ### like James.
Tough road? They broke the single season record, and won it last year.

ANd how is James any more spoiled than most of them.

I'm no James fan perse', but I was cheering for the history part of it for sure. Great game 7, great series too!

Reactions: mtskibum16

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
What a game!

Game 7's are the best, in all of sports!

No team has ever come back, from a 3-1 deficit.

Teams down 3-1, were 0-32...until tonight! I thought it was pretty cool to watch history like that. Reminded me of the Boston vs NY in baseball ALCS, and the 18-0 Pat's.
That '04 series between the Red Sox and the Yankees: Redsox down three games, looking like they were beat in game 4 only to come back, win the series and the world series. That was some fun baseball, but then I really don't like NYY and do like the Red Sox.

·
Huge Member
5,193 Posts
Tough road? They broke the single season record, and won it last year.

ANd how is James any more spoiled than most of them.

I'm no James fan perse', but I was cheering for the history part of it for sure. Great game 7, great series too!
Go back and look at the past 35 years. Pretty rough

And for James;
"I'm taking my talents to Miami for not one, not two, not three, not four......

You get the point.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I am not a huge NBA an anymore (enjoyed the 80s and 90s) but I follow it enough to know who is doing well. When working out on the treadmill, time goes a lot faster watching basketball than baseball. I play a lot of pick-up basketball year round; evenings and at lunch with co-workers and friends. While it is hard to get excited about the NBA (players' attitudes mostly) I was able to watch much of the series (even though we don't have TV). I didn't have a favorite in the matchup but generally speaking, I like Curry and Thompson (I remember their fathers playing) better than James. Irving was very clutch and seems like a decent guy. But the Cavs impressed me; the odds and history were greatly stacked against them and they came through on a hostile court. I don't particular like their offense and the Splash Bros. shooting is impressive.

The Cavs probably should have won last year (Irving went down) so maybe it is a good thing. The Warriors were easily the best team during the regular season and soundly beat the Cavs. But the playoffs are where it counts and the Cavs superstars outplayed the Warriors superstars down the clutch.

James solidified himself as one of the greatest ever...but he's no Micheal Jordan in my opinion, close as a player perhaps but not as and ambassador of the NBA.

When it is all said and done, it is just another sporting event that is over for the season.

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go back and look at the past 35 years. Pretty rough

And for James;
"I'm taking my talents to Miami for not one, not two, not three, not four......

You get the point.
Yah I get the point. You're a hater. Shoulda just said that from the start. Take a number man, the line is loooong.

I'm happy for Cleveland. Not much to be happy about over there...for 52 years. A bit longer than GS, but you get my point.

:p

G

·
The NBA is third rate entertainment at this point. It's basically the CW of sports.

The nice thing about the ending is that the 95-96 Bulls retain their best FULL season record, even if they lost the regular season record. The Bulls went 15-3 in the playoffs. Stephany went 15-9.

The GSW's lost as many games in the playoffs as they did in the regular season. Let me say that again: The golden state warriors lost as many games (9) in 24 games of the playoffs as they did in 82 games in the regular season.

The Bulls in their second three-peat were basically the only basketball I watched. I was a Kerr fan then and his role as coach was the only good part of the gsw 'record breaking' season.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
No one, besides Love tonight in one game only, rebounds anymore.
Rodman would get 40 rebounds a night. Golden State is one shot and retreat. No one follows their shot or blocks out.

Curry is the sloppiest guy with the ball..he never did anything fundamentally secure with the ball all playoffs.. Kerr needed to reel in the showboating passing. Looks good when it works, you lose championships when it fails.

Style points get you zip.

PS. I was pulling for GS all the way, really let down by a lazy team.

LeBron is a great player, hate his ego and crybaby ways. Hockey players must see that stuff and crack up.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm happy the Cavs won, mostly since ESPN got annoying about praising the warriors constantly this season. It was fun watching them move the ball during the regular season instead of the boring iso sets most other teams run.

But love or hate Lebron, and trust me I hate when he flops and acts like he's 160 lbs sometimes, he's still the best all around player in the game and by far one of the most athletic. It's pretty hard to hate on back to back 41pt games and finish the final with a triple double.

As good as the Warriors were during the season, they just gassed out in the playoffs. Curry is unreal, but his defense was subpar against a faster and far quicker Irving, those turnovers he had in the series didn't help either.

I'm just glad there won't be anymore talk about them being better than the Bulls during the 90s. Hell I don't think they'd have beat the Lakers when Shaq and Kobe made their runs.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Great series. I enjoyed the games that i was able to watch.

Now i am stuck listening to fantasy football talk from a bunch of couch potato friends that cant throw a spiral.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Completely lost interest in watching basketball anymore. Like BDD, I loved watching the Sonics in the 80's and early 90's when Tommy-gun Chambers, X-man, The Kidd, Detleff, and Payton ran the hardwood and were up against the Celtic's, Lakers and Bull's. But the league and players have taken on a much different feel (and look) since those days... one I don't care for.

Combine that with the never ending whining by the Sonics, Mariners, and Seahawks that their stadiums were outdated and that the states taxpayers should pony up for the privilege of having them stay, and it was enough already for me. I now watch college football and golf.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.