Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddys', not sure about Hob, are planning on hitting the yak this sunday...

We usually fish in the canyon pretty far down.. Lets see, you follow the river a while go past the fly shop (reds) keep going a while go past the foot bridge camping area.. Eventually you go up and away from the river and then come down.. at the bottom of the hill there is a turn out.. thats where we usually are.. there is a bend there with a rock face to your right if your facing the river.. pretty deep here.. but a little further down its easily waded..

anyway I heard that black wooley buggers were working pretty good and I thought that mabye a red copper jon ( 18 ) might be a good dropper behind it..

anyway if anyone has any good suggestions let us know.. One of our buddys has been going with us everyweekend for about a month and hasn't caought anything yet.. this is his first year fly fishing and I really want to see him catch something.. even if its a minow...

Thanks,
TT

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nothing much happening on any consistent basis on top with dries so woolybuggers and copper johns may be the ticket. If you do fish dries, drag free drifts!! Any drag will put the fish down. They may want to feed for the winter but they've been hit hard all summer and these fish are pretty smart. The big ones didn't get big by taking any poor presentations!

Good luck!

Greg

"In our family, there is no clear
line between religion and fly
fishing" Norman Maclean

·
Registered
20 Posts
I fished this section all day today. Started off around 11:30. Used a 14 Prince Nymph trailed by a 18 Copper John. In the first 20 minutes I had hooked one that got away and then landed a nice size (13"-14")bow on the Prince. Did not have a strike the rest of the day. The BWOs started hatching late around 2:30. Saw a number of rises going after them but no luck. Saw lots if Big Horn sheep up in the hills which was cool. Steve at Red's has a huge help. Set my rig up just right first thing in the morning. If I were to do it all over I would start around 10 instead and gone for the Wooleys. Best of luck. Let us know what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.