Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Braided wind knots are my specialty
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 35037 View attachment 35039 View attachment 35038 It took me about 2 months of sleepless nights assembling it in my head, 8 hours in the garage, and $20 in parts (not including the parts from an old copy machine, an old pair of rollerblades and a left over corrigan chunk).
It's not as pretty as the Norvise, but until I have a down payment for a house, and can get out of my tiny apartment, this will have to do.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
I like them both, burley! Well done on the full rotary and the creative use of parts and pieces available.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Patent infringement; hmmmm?:rofl:
Nice job!:thumb:

·
NEVER wonder what to do with your free time
984 Posts
Dude, mad props. I've thought so many times about making a vise, but never did it.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I have been using a homemade vise since 1974. It works but is slow. I've tied thousands of flies on this vise. Recently bought a commercial vise, it should be easier to use, faster and rotate. Actually got a commercial vise for my 65 Birthday. It will be fun tying on a good vise.

Keith

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.