Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever found a good hook comparison chart? ill be damned if i can figure out all the daiici,mustad, tiemco, dairiki blah, blah, blah. i have tried to make my own but i just feel like i am spinning my wheels. any ideas? by the way, if you are looking for a mega fish day, go to icicle river in leavenworth. i quit counting at 80 and caught many more than that in a day! yes they were small( 8-12") but pretty! jer

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

Are you talking about tying flies or buying flies. When I tie flies I usually stick with one brand of hooks, as I don't tie too many different types. It just works out better that way.

Jim

·
Registered
804 Posts
Kaufmanns Streamborn catalog has a good chart for purchasing. Also check out Dan Blanton's site for postings on hooks.

The biggest question for me is to tie for salt with nickel plated so they rust out eventually if left in a fish, or not? Is there a difference if left in a freshwater fish - do the hooks rust or eventually just grow out of the fish?

jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.