Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
You don't have to worry about me wearing a buff. The sun doesn't bother me.

What gets me on the wearing of a Buff to keep the sun off your face and neck is that the wearers always get the sun on their forearms. You would think that they would stay covered up from head to toe.

·
The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
2,100 Posts
This reminds me of a statement made by the speaker at a Puget Sound salmon fishing seminar:

"Remember, fishing is a sport involving a creature with a brain the size of a pea...........and the fish aren't all that smart either!" ;)

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
The more I think about it, the more advanced I think they are. That they can distinguish the real deal from my stellar offerings in simply uncanny.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You don't have to worry about me wearing a buff. The sun doesn't bother me.

What gets me on the wearing of a Buff to keep the sun off your face and neck is that the wearers always get the sun on their forearms. You would think that they would stay covered up from head to toe.
Why fishing shirts are long sleeve, and if they aren't.

https://www.simmsfishing.com/sunsleeve-2.html

G

·
I've read this sort of data in the past. I've tried to get people to understand the difference between conditioned responses, instinct, and intelligence.

You don't need to be BF Skinner of aquatics to understand that I can condition an ameobe to go left or right by rewarding one choice and punishing the other. It doesn't mean it's intelligent.

If you ever dissect a trout, you'll discover it's "brain" is really more of a brain stem. It doesn't think, it responds to stimuli both negative and positive.

If trout could think, they'd never ignore the big chunk of steel sticking out the ass of the fake food items we catch them with.

Do they respond to perceived threats or a massive hatch? Of course.

Is it a cognitive process or instinctive response; more like what happens when a busty woman in a tank top bends over to retrieve her dropped phone in full view of the average adult male?

·
Indi Ira
9,492 Posts
Why will you sit in a boat with the exact same offering and presentation as your buddy and still manage to out fish them 3 to 1? You must be prettier to the fishes, they think you have a pretty mouth. So this whole fishing Karma thing has now been proven scientifically to be real? Good to know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.