Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you figure out wether or not it is legal to float a river?? I am thinking of floating a river I know very well but am unsure wether or not you may have regulations stating you cant float it?????? I cant find anything in the reg book so I am assuming it is not an issue. It is a smaller river and would be awesome to float! I dont know and this may be a dumb question but I would rather ask just in case?? Should I call the ranger station in that area or ??? :dunno

Thanks,

~Patrick ><>

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Beat me to the answer. I was gonna say a ranger station or the country registrar I do believe. I know sometimes it's a county by county thing on which rivers are considered "navitigable" and which are not. I do believe if they are, they are open to anyone as long as you can get to river w/o trespassing on private property. If it's not, you have to pray you can get to the river at all (usually totally small and encompassed by private lands). Some rivers also have titles to "grandfathered" river rights. So best to check that out to (think you can go to the county for that as well). I know some people are older and second generation land owners who still own the riverbed rights. So anchoring is considered trespassing if they wish to enforce it. But it's a rare thing nowadays since I do believe third generation ownership reverts riverbeds to the state.

Yeah, what river??? Huh huh???? If I was able to row, I'd go with you myself and fish too. But, stuck in the dang house. :bawling I'm REALLY tired. Can't see how people WANT to be couch potatoes. I'm going stir crazy.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Hey Steelheader 69,
Get some fishing movies, turn on the water in the tub or sink, soak your clothes some and relax. Maybe a friend could provide a sucker or a carp to stimulate your nose.
There's a lot of ways to fish without going fishing...
Take care and remember, even in your house, it should be catch nd release.
Bob, the Housefisherman.
:rofl :rofl :rofl

·
Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here
1,433 Posts
RiverFishing

Word!

Mike

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
LOL Bob

Actually, been doing ALOT of simulated fishing (there's a cool game fishing on the kenai that's accessible for free on the web, play that alot lol). But do alot of tying of course. But, nothing like truly being on the river actually doing it.

Hmmmmm, guess I could get some trout from a local troutfarm and toss them into the bathtub. Use a small rod/reel and have some fun. LOL. No casting, just dunk. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.