Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, so i am now the proud new owner of a 14 foot Saturn Raft and fishing frame. I am overjoyed to have finally made my first large watercraft purchase. I built my own trailer which is, to coin a younger generations term, tits. I have put a lot of effort into the whole process of buying a raft then preparing for its arrival like a newborn baby. Now i forgot to address one thing, STORAGE! How do you store your raft? I do not have a garage. So inflated on the trailer outside or deflated in the house are the options. I plan on buying a tarp or cover for when it is outside, god forbid my raft get dirty or cold without a blanket. But what will be best for my newborn fishing tool?

Thanks in advance!

-Nate

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Nate, right now mine is in the trailer in the garage parking spot where my rig is supposed to be. The misses is not pleased with that arrangement so soon it must find its way back outside, slightly soft tubes, tarp over the whole thing, hitch lock in place. I was told when tarping it to try to allow for air circulation so that heat won't build up when the sun shines down on it. I hope to move some gravel into a space large enough to park it, tarped and under a tree for it more regular parking place. Good luck with that bad boy. Can't wait to see a pictorial report of your first outings.

·
I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys Big Ups to BullWacker who gave me the idea. I went to Walmart and picked up a compact car cover with a 3 year warranty for $23.99. It fits my raft like it was made for it!!! I am really really happy about that cover and now feel good about storing my raft, partially deflated and outside. Thanks for all of those who chimed in! I will post pictures in another thread about my maiden voyage on the Ronde this weekend. I will show a picture of the raft covered as well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I had an NRS Sprite for about 15 years (which was probably over 10 years old when I bought it) and always stored it, deflated and rolled, either in the back room or in a friend's garage. Sun damage to the upper surfaces finally compelled me to replace it, a couple of years ago, with an Achilles of the same size (12 1/2 feet). I prefer to fish steelhead from my feet so it goes into storage from the end of sea-run cutthroat/salmon season until the beginning of Skwala season. I think indoor storage, away from the extremities of temperature change and weather in general, could only be beneficial to its longevity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.