Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have been up there twice in the last week. The flows aren't low by any means but they are definately wadeable. The fish seem to lay low during the day but late afternoon and evening I have had some luck floating Elk Hair Caddis and Parachute Adams in pocket water. Nothing very large but lots of fun on my new 3wt.

Good luck.

Jeff

G

·
Fished it today near the bridge on the west side of NBend. Got several hits and hook ups on dries and one nice take by a large for what I had seen today on a bh nymph. Of course this was all during mid day heat so I suspect things would be better during the cooler hour. Water was easily wadeable and quite clear. I was actually surprised.

Saw 2 others on the water but didnt ask how they did.

PS I think it would have been better had not the swimmers been around before I started. Maybe midweek would be smarter.

·
Whammo!
494 Posts
The South Fork is in great shape, a general rule of thumb is to goto the flow's link Chris has provided up on the top of the page, whenever the river is below 200cfs you should be able to wade anywhere with no real problem. If you want to avoid the swimmers you should go one exit up past Cascade Golf course for I live here in NB and often the boaters put in at the Riverbend complex and float to the park downtown.

And the previouse comment was correct fishing after 8pm will produce better results espeacially with how hot it has been lately.

Gotta luv the forks:thumb

Mike

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I just got back to Seattle about 45 minutes ago. I stopped fishing at 9:45 and when all was said and done I finished with 21 trout up to 13". As soon as 8:30 rolled around the fish were rising everywhere! The hatch of mayflies was pretty awesome too!

G

·
Well I appreciate the input on this thread. I'm headed back up on Monday if anybody wants to join I could use some pointers. If not NP as I seem to be headed in the right direction. Now to land the little buggers:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I fished the South Fork yesterday and had some luck. I caught some small cutts (3-4 inches) and one 8" bow all on a bead head nymph. I was fishing off of the forest rd 9030 exit. Saw two other fly fisherman, but didnt stop to talk. It was so hot yesterday so I assume that contributed to the paultry catch. I did try a couple of elk hair caddis with no luck eventhough there were some hatching. I didn't see one fish rise on the stretch that I fished.

It was a beautiful day to enjoy the outdoors though so I am not dissapointed at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.