Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

What percentage of your days have you fished this year?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how much have you fished this year, a percentage of days fished out of approximately 180 days this year thus far?

• Less than 10%
  • 10% to 19%
  • 20% to 29%
  • 30% to 50%
  • More than 50%

How is the rest of your year projected?

I'm in the low group. I'm a selfish bass-turd because I want to be in the high group.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I live on a lake and enjoy bonking a few bluegills to feed to the local eagles, so my % is artificially enhanced. If I only counted real trips I would unfortunately be in the >10% crowd.

·
Flaccid Member
3,900 Posts
last year i was on the water about 200 days (which aint bad for holdin down a full time job and a girlfriend), hit 4 states with many many weekend trips in some amazing places with good friends. GOOD TIMES! got the baby on the way and a new job with 60++ hour work weeks. safe to say, im reduced to weekend warrior status. and im an irritable asshole with an amazing box of flies and well organized gear. i dont even want to know what my numbers are looking like now.

·
Dodging tailing loops!
41 Posts
I try to hit eastside lakes every day if I can.. and now the Spoke is starting to get back into shape, but my success rate is far lower than my 20-29% bracket! Oh well, gotta get better somehow right?

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't suppose I count, but 50%.
Of course you count. We need a few of our local guides to boost the higher percentages.

Thanks for playing along all. Just a question that I thought up as I looked over my fishing calendar.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Between my fishing group and satisfying my own addiction, atleast 4 times a week so you do the math, maybe 60% or so. How many days between my catching a fish probably 8 to 10 times out. UGH!

·
Registered
249 Posts
72% . I guess that's what you get when you aren't working.

·
formerly hatman
228 Posts
For me, 0.
I've been crippled with arthritis for quite a while, but I now have two new hips and am working hard to be able to go on another tuna trip in late July and another trip to northern BC for coho in August.
I forget what life without pain was like. Life is now good and I have fish in my field of vision again.
Life is beautiful again.

·
It's all about the sauce.....
551 Posts
This thread has now put me in depression. I am an insult to fishing. I am below 1%.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
I''m with Bruce and Mike just below 1% this year and 0% the last two years and my best year in 2007 of about 2% at best. I love this sport. Happy Fishing!!! My arthritis is inoperable so I live with it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.