Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this new from a buddy for 50.00 but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it tilt foward or backward. I spent hrs trying to figure it out. I spoke to a couple people and they said that it should just click foward or backward with a little push. Well I tried that and almost broke it.

Any advice would be appreciated. I plan on mounting it next to me the bench but if I looked down on it, the screen would be hard to see due to its facing back to the boat, rather than up a little to my viewing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I figured it out. It only tilts with the unit in the mount. I'm guessing it gives it more leverage when adding pressure in the back or foward position. Weird how that works. Also rotates 360 deg ONLY with the unit in the bracket as well. I guess you can call me dumb. The manual does not say anything about how to adjust.

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I looked through the manual after I posted it and realized it didn't help with this situation, I thought about removing the post but then figured it didn't hurt to leave it up. if you had the manual you wood ignore the post, if you didn't have the manual you could down load it and it might help in the future. I'm glad you figured it out.

Tight lines

Eric

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine was made 4 years ago. You basically have to hulk-it forwad and backward grabbing the top and bottom to rotate or tilt, it was a bit challenging, thinking it was going to break.

·
Registered
15 Posts
pop off the grey caps at the swvel point on the base and you should be able to loosen the tension on the screws to make it pivot easier,just dont make it to loose or it will move on its own when you hit a wave

·
Registered
499 Posts
i found the gimbal style mount most effective from cabella's...raised about fourinches off the side rail, andway easier to adjust
E

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.