Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here we go. Let me start by saying I have never won anything until this year. I won the Grand prize in FlyRod&reel's 30 year customer appreciation contest. What was the grand prize you ask? It was an all expenses paid all inclusive trip to Pesca Maya Lodge in Ascension Bay 3 hours south of Cancun in Mexico's Yucatan. I am a Fly Fisherman and I fish at least two days a week all over the west, but I had never fished the tropics. Pesca Maya lodge is indescribable so I will let the pictures talk.

George and his staff were great and attended to our every need. The food was impeccable and the scenery was some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I had the pleasure of traveling with Jim Butler the VP of Down East Publishing the company that publishes FlyRod&Reel Magazine. Jim was a gracious host and gave me plenty of bow time for Bone Fish, Tarpon, Snook and Permit. The reason I am FUBAR is now all I can think of is how to get back to the tropics. I called Jim when we got home and told him that he had ruined me and he laughed and said his plan had worked. Here are some of the pictures I took of fishing and the wildlife in the area. Jim took a ton of pictures that I have also but I will not publish them as the Magazine is going to do a spread on the trip.

Jim Butler with a nice Bone and a huge smile.

Mangrove nursery

The locals

Nester the Guide

Osprey in the nest.

Lodging at Pesca Maya

You get the idea it was the best trip I have taken thus far in my 44 years of life. I want to thank FlyRod&Reel for the opportunity and I want to thank Jim for being the host with the most. Jim you can be my wingman anytime.
Tight Lines,
Zane
http://www.pescamaya.com/

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rick I ma sorry I missed you and your wife it would have been nice to have met you. I got to the lodge about 10.30 pm they day you left. Thank God I had a six pack for that road in the dark!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.