Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a PA Woodworker for Wayward Trading Post out of the Philly region. This is my first post actually. Let me know what you all would think is cool to show and talk about. Happy to answer any questions if y'all are looking to build your own. The idea was to put an artisanal grip onto the landing net so I hand-drew a Brown Trout pattern and cut it out to make a grip. This is a Walnut, Cherry, and hickory model I call the Fat Jake.
Nature Leaf Terrestrial plant Organism Adaptation
Yellow Artist Musician Engineering T-shirt
Sky Plant Nature Leaf Natural environment
Leaf Organism Bicycle tire Terrestrial plant Wood
Natural landscape Wood Tree Sky Trunk

Watch Engineering Gas Machine Eyewear
Wood Gas Art Heat Engineering
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Dishware Plywood

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
How did you do the... engraving? Etching? The design you did on the handle?

Was it with handheld tools or do you have machinery that you can either move to engrave or a stationary piece that you move the net handle under?

· Registered
49 Posts
Folks, Tina‘s net making talents are exceptional and have been documented in several articles for Field and Stream, Mid Current etc which include a number of photos of the workshop and her builds. I came across the articles after seeing her nets on another Forum just yesterday, and if you do a quick google search as I did of “Tina Lewis net maker “ you can read about her interesting journey as an artist, designer and crafts person following a corporate career.

She has an excellent web site also, where you can see examples of her work for sale including nets and fly boxes - the Wayward Trading Post which she mentioned in her post.

All the best to you Tina, I wish you much success in your endeavors!

ps, have a look out for the very cool Jimi Hendrix net she made!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts