Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
A very nice fish, indeed! Waders, fleece, hat, jacket, gloves, etc; all just tools, to help us acquire a fish like that. Tools that allow us to "brave" the elements. I'd say use what it takes to do the deed,....... dude.
Great picture!

LB

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
You said it AKPM, but seriously, if you are catching fish and having fun who cares what you are wearing? Nice looking fish. Glad you like your build.

G

·
I wore a warm woolly hat...gloves, got nothing but this on my way up to check out a hole...

one week old..bawling:

I am such a dumb ass..

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
I wore a warm woolly hat...gloves, got nothing but this on my way up to check out a hole...

one week old..bawling:

I am such a dumb ass..
That really sucks... makes paying that insurance premium a little easier... you did pay the bill, right! Seriously, hope all works out OK.

G

·
I was up north checking out a few smaller flows, Decided to head up to one spot with a deep hole...driving up was bare and then turned to ice as I rounded the corner..my mistake was I saw that and put in 4 wheel drive...it turned the trucks variable slip control off and almost immediately I lost it...was some weird...I was lucky, someone helped me get out..(those doors are heavy) drove my bud back to town (hope bc) as there is no cell coverage, to get a wrecker...I stayed to watch the truck and make sure no one else went in...was really lucky as they came quick when I thought I might be up there for hours....glad I had the woolly hat and gloves at that point..
Got flipped, pulled out...drove down and the fj felt mechanically fine....so went fishing for the rest of the day...damn cold but beautiful out...

Took the truck in today...may be gone a month to get it back but it will be like new again....the roof got a bit crunched...so that's what may make a two week a longer job...

More bruised ego then anything else as I traded in a recently bought tundra for the FJ as the tundra sucked so bad off road...and here this happens in a week...

Some damage shots..but all's good...driving to the river in a corolla for a bit....wouldn't believe how many customers and friends came by and started rolling with laughter...(after they made sure I was fine) shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

·
1,411 Posts
Took the truck in today...may be gone a month to get it back but it will be like new again....the roof got a bit crunched...so that's what may make a two week a longer job...
Ouch!!
That was a beautiful FJ. :(
Rest assured you are not the only one that's happened to.
Don't you hate it when driving and physics take over your vehicle?
I always tell my friends you can have the most advanced vehicle in the world but once you hit that ice you are just like everyone else.

Oh yeah, nice resident bow you caught powdermonkey...

G

·
golfman65... sounds like no damage to the most sacred cargo...your fly rods!
Yeah kind of funny but when I got released from my seatbelt and dropped to the bottom...I came down near the rods and was freaked out about busting them..My bud said.."don't worry about them we have to figure out how to get out" Didn't worry about that as much but didn't want to bust my baby meiser..love that little rod...lol

Driving that corolla makes my crank feel smaller...how messed up is that...I hate little cars :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.