Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After just talking about getting out and going fishing, I finally got out.

After a 60 mile drive to get to where I wanted to go, I finally hit a river. I went to the Upper Ruby. I should of stayed home. One little fish on a Caddis. One hit on a Royal Wulff. The biggest was about 7" and the smallest was about 3".

I should of fished the little stream that flows past my house in Dillon. At least it has bigger fish in it.

The weather was nice and warm, no wind to speak of. And with a big dose of bug spray, no bugs, flies of any kind.

And now I have a new Avatar. It.s my self portrait.

Jim

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Head west from Dillon, Jim. Nice streams in the Grasshopper toward Jackson . . .

·
I hope she likes whitefish
1,724 Posts
Hey OMJ, if you're after big fish, I have a thread you should read... :)

Sounds like a good time. Good on ya for getting out!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
You should have stayed home? You went fishing for God sakes; in God's country, which is why you moved there. You seem to seek out the negative aspect of anything possible, even fishing. I challenge you to speak about something in life from a totally positve perspective....

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Nag nag nag. Follow your own advise Mr. Handle.

Anyway, I like your new avatar OMJ. Who'd a thunk it? You're an arteest.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only get out now if my old body lets me. When you young people reach 75 you can all relate to what I'm talking about.

But my fishing is not about catching big fish. I'm happy with the fact that I can still walk and fish. But I tend to stay close to the truck. My busting bushes to get to a fishing hole is now out of the question.

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
Fact is you still get out there and enjoy fishing OMJ and thats what counts.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I worried what everybody said about me I'd be going nuts. I just take what PH says and ignore it.

I fish for myself and when I can I enjoy it.. If I wanted crowds I'd go fish the Beaverhead or the Big Hole.

Come on September.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts