Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or at least that's how I feel. What good is a spey rod if the steelhead are getting the shit kicked out of them and they won't be around to catch. I'm planning on ponying up to join one of the conservation groups, but I gotta be honest. It feels like too little too late. And just as things seem pretty bad, the whole WDFW/DNR thing came up. I called my local rep a few weeks ago about the issue, and was told by someone in the office that the bill would most likely die in committee, but it seems alive and well. I have been a political junkie on national stuff for years, and have gotten pretty jaded. Both sides seem to fuck up everything they touch like it was their job. I wish I started fishing 10 years ago.........................................

·
Just an Old Man
35,204 Posts
Or at least that's how I feel. I wish I started fishing 10 years ago.........................................
Well I started fishing in this state over 50 years ago and I can tell you that back then the fishing was great. Why do you think I moved away. In the winter time all you had was a few planted lakes and Steelhead( the fish of 10,000 casts). I went out yesterday and fooled around in the Beaverhead and got me a 16" Brown. I really wasn't fishing as I was fixing my line as it was building up on one side of my reel when I was getting ready to leave. So far this winter, about five fish. In about two hours of fishing total.

When I fished in Washington in the winter. My catch total would be no fish in about 20 day

Ah yes, the good old days.

·
Monty
201 Posts
Being on the sidelines, jaded or not wont help much. Joining an organized group that will help fight on our behalf to try and keep recreational fishing opportunities available to everyone in the state sure dosn't seem like anything to be on the fence about. Own a fishing license?? Support a group that will help you use it now and in the future.

CCA MEMBER

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being on the sidelines, jaded or not wont help much. Joining an organized group that will help fight on our behalf to try and keep recreational fishing opportunities available to everyone in the state sure dosn't seem like anything to be on the fence about. Own a fishing license?? Support a group that will help you use it now and in the future.

CCA MEMBER
I appreciate your comment. I'm not staying on the sidelines, I'm just bitching.:thumb:

·
Piscatorial Engineer
1,229 Posts
Both sides seem to fuck up everything they touch like it was their job
Orange, Here's how I think about it...When it comes to the fish, the "both sides" aren't R vs. Dem, they're not Commercial vs. sport, they're not tribal vs. non-tribal - it's the fish vs. everyone else, and unless we give them a voice, the fish don't have a voice. That's why I joined CCA. Not suggesting you do, but I did my research and that's where I put my money. What Sinktip said - get involved. In my mind, it's a legacy kind of thing.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Orange, Here's how I think about it...When it comes to the fish, the "both sides" aren't R vs. Dem, they're not Commercial vs. sport, they're not tribal vs. non-tribal - it's the fish vs. everyone else, and unless we give them a voice, the fish don't have a voice. That's why I joined CCA. Not suggesting you do, but I did my research and that's where I put my money. What Sinktip said - get involved. In my mind, it's a legacy kind of thing.
Thanks, man. You make a great point. I think CCA is the way I'm going to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.