Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to pick the brains of all knowledgeable rod builders and find out what I need to look for in a rod building station. I want a station that will not need to be replaced as my skills advance (although I probably do not have to worry about advanced skills LOL). Also if anyone has a station for sale or knows where to get a deal on one, that would great. Thanks in advance.

~Patrick ><>

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
Flex Coat offers several levels of rod building stations. I have their basic hand station and I love it. Its possible to have a power winder, too, but I don't care to go there yet.

Check out the options at www.flexcoat.com, then there are various other companies that make them with other features and other prices.

You can buy these at most flexcoat dealers, Washington dealers are Greg's Custom Rods, www.gregscustomrods.com in Lake Stevens, Schoff Tackle at www.schofftackle.com on the and Angler's Workshop in Woodland, WA at www.anglersworkshop.com.

Now, if you want to borrow one, talk to me.

Rob

·
Registered
385 Posts
http://www.distantwaters.com/onlstore_aw/aw_home.asp

Above is the URL for Anglers Workshop, they have a extremly comprehensive selection of various brands of "Stations", as you call them. The are also the manufacturer of the Custom Power Wrap, wich for years was the PRIMO Wrapper on the market. This will give you a good baseline for what's available. Also check Cabellas 2003 Rod Building Catalog, there you will find some others as well. There are more and more of these units on the market each year, some good, and some bad, but most have their strengths above their weaknesses.

Just ask alot of questions and try not to buy too far beyond your means, a top of the line unit will not produce a perfect rod, only years of practice and extreme patiance are capible of bringing you this. I guess what I'm trying to say is take your time and have fun with the basic tools, you'll get quite a few rods out before you'll want to upgrade.

Figure out what you think you may be after and let me know, I'll see what I can do on the pricing.There's a chance, since I'm just about ready to place a fairly large order in the next few weeks, that I can get a deeper discount than normal.

:smokin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.