Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all

I have been reading your Dry Falls posts and it sounds like a great weekend. The weather sure turned out to be nice this weekend.

Anyway, I went out to Cady Lake on Saturday. It was great, there weren't many people out there and the weather couldn't have been better for a day in the tube.

I fished in front of the Manor for most of the morning, watching the fish cruising below me in about 12 feet of water. I through chironmids at them all morning to no avail. Finally, I got hungary and went to have lunch. As I was going in I spoke with another out there and we both hadn't had any luck yet.

I told him that I saw some good size fish where I was at so he quickly moved in. No more than 10 minutes later an 18 incher was pulling on his rod. Just my luck.

After Lunch I asked him how he got it (quid pro quo). He had a caddis as a strike indicator and a pheasant tale as a dropper. I tried that earlier and it didn't work for me.

I stayed there for a little longer then decided to troll around a little with a scud pattern and a couple of woolies. I finally got into one after 4 hours of fishing. Not much, only 14" but enough to make the day.

My real point today was to give you a link to a website that I discovered this weekend. Great deals on all sorts of things, but namely fly gear. The line and flies seem to be great deals.

Check it out, it is called Sierra Trading Post. Also, please let me know if you have ever ordered anything from there and how your experience was: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq...rts+Gear+and+Apparel/qx/prod_list_display.htm

If only I knew what I am doing....:dunno

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
Yep. I order from there when they have what I want. I bought a pair of Patagonia Wading Boots from them last fall, got the wrong size, and exchanged them without a problem. I consider them a fine online company to deal with.

Watch out though, order once, and you will get 1-2 catalogs a week for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard about the catologs, but it is good reading material for the throne time.

Question, have you ever purchased the flies that they have listed? They seem like a good deal, but I am always nervous about the quality when I can't see them.

If only I knew what I am doing....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Most of the flies they are carrying right now are Umpqua, which are in my opinion usually some really nice flies. If you don't tie, those are probably the way to go.
STP has some great stuff for good prices, but you better order early.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.