Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip to Eastern Idaho and would love to have some suggestions on 1/2 day, 1 day, and 2 day floats on the South Fork of the Snake, Henry's Fork, and Teton Rivers. If anyone could provide me with ideas and info on good floats and best time in July to make this trip I would appreciate it. I will be bringing my Clacka with me and am an intermediate + rower.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Make sure you float the canyon section on the S. Fork. You can get all the info you need on that river from the South Fork Lodge or The Lodge at Palisades Creek. Both of these outfitters are top notch and located on the river. July is an awesome time on the South Fork. The later in the month the better.

·
Blind hog fisherman
2,895 Posts
Roger on the canyon stretch though reaches above and below are great, too. There are lots of cutts and browns in the river and some rainbows. I've fished it twice now and really enjoyed myself despite my novice ranking in fly fishing. I fished large stone flies and tiny #20's as well as streamers. My first trip was in June three years ago and my last was this past October. The river can get pretty crowded on the weekends during the summer according to my guide. Good luck and hope it's a great trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.