Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent posted much but figured I should give an update on a great Idaho trip I just finished up. To say the Hopper bite was epic would be a good description but started the trip hiking into some trophy bow and cutt lakes that see very few people as they are off trail...fish to 22" and fat. Have a couple more to hit next summer that I didnt get to that have some huge cutties. Fun stuff when you have a gorgeous, hard earned lake to yourself!

Middle portion found me chasing browns with hoppers in the desert country, fish to 25" with average being 20" range and missed a few that were much bigger...rose upwards of 20 fish the first day in less than 4 hours and 2nd day in same spot saw about 1/2 that

End saw a few days in headwaters of Boise river with a 2wt, more small hoppers and nate bows in the 10" range. Had to end on the water I grew up on even though the fish are small it was probably the perfect place to wind up a great fishing adventure...cheers!

Not dialed in on the pic posting here yet so if interested in some fish pics here is the link to the photobucket file...

http://s699.photobucket.com/albums/vv351/natesteelhead/Idaho2010/

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
It has been a few years but I have always had a great time in Idaho and those are some beautiful trout thanks for sharing.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Keith, that is an amazing album. It must have been a truly enjoyable trip. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.