Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Dumbfounded
10,887 Posts
Bigger isn't always better...:)

I don't know, they're kind'a cool. If you can find a matching rod and line for the reels and catch a tarpon on the set up, you'd make it into the record books! :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,361 Posts
I say buy a tiny little 4' ultralight spinning rod for $20. Spool up half of a 2 wt line on that reel. Then you'd have a super cheap creek rod. You could even use the lower handle for two handed casts!

Actually, just found this on sale at cabela's...
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

Cabela's fiberglass creek rod...perfect match! Buy two and take a friend!

· Make my day
5,067 Posts
I'm actually interested in buying one of those reels... it would look good on a shelf where I work... it would also work well for joke photos next to a fish. ... if I could get the reel to fit on a rod. What's the web address of where you bought them?
"Joke photos" yaaa right! All of your photos are now called into question.;)

· Registered
1,377 Posts
I say buy a tiny little 4' ultralight spinning rod for $20. Spool up half of a 2 wt line on that reel. Then you'd have a super cheap creek rod. You could even use the lower handle for two handed casts!

Actually, just found this on sale at cabela's...
View attachment 115976
View attachment 115977
Cabela's fiberglass creek rod...perfect match! Buy two and take a friend!
Is that for reel? (pun intended) I'd like to have a little rod like that. Especially at that price! Now they are back ordered @ $200

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.