Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you email and message me about problems you may have. I'll be out of country and not checking the board. So if you have any problems contact @Ed Call or @Chris Scoones

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Mumbles and J3000

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll basically be self parked lol. My phone will be swapped with an Irish sim card, so my number will be inactive while I'm there.

Reactions: Tugs

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Will be in Scotland first half, Ireland second half. Lots of whisky in Scotland, then switch to beer in Ireland.

Reactions: dust in the wind

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah yes, Daschofsky, a fine old Irish name. Have a great trip to the homeland. Hope to get there myself some day.
They Americanized it. Used to be McDaschofsky. ;)

I'm going to Scotland too. Funny thing, there are Daschofskys in Scotland. Been there a couple centuries. Had no idea when I was there in the 80s.

Reactions: Dave Boyle

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Wait, I'm guessing you just forgot to send me my ticket. I'll be waiting at passenger drop-off. (In the large dog box) Don't forget to check it as live cargo or I might get a little cold.;);)

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait, I'm guessing you just forgot to send me my ticket. I'll be waiting at passenger drop-off. (In the large dog box) Don't forget to check it as live cargo or I might get a little cold.;);)
I'm somewhere over the Midwest, you missed flight. ;)

·
Senior Moment
5,472 Posts
My brother traveled extensively in England and found a Loy street. Being curious he researched and found that some centuries back there was indeed a Loy clan. The clans often fought among themselves and whatever the crown was at the time. It was customary that the loser was banished from the Isle. Apparently we lost because my ancestors came from Germany on Dad's side, Sweden on Mom's.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What's a Pollock going to be doing in Ireland. My dad is from England. Newcastle to be exact. Thats right below Scotland. I would of liked to go there when I was younger but never found the time.

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And I'm back. Thought I may sleep most of the day, but adjusting fine

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What's a Pollock going to be doing in Ireland. My dad is from England. Newcastle to be exact. Thats right below Scotland. I would of liked to go there when I was younger but never found the time.
I went to Scotland and Ireland. I actually have Daschofskys who've lived there a couple hundred years. Wife's family came from both Ireland and Scotland. So went there for our anniversary. I always loved Scotland, but never made it to Ireland. Glad I went. Loved both countries.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.