Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,279 Posts
The ocean is the ocean and the rivers are the rivers. One boat will not service you on say a smaller river and Neah Bay too. I totally agree with Bob but would add several more feet to an ocean boat unless you are VERY experienced and have a very fast boat with lots of communications.
I worked two summers out of Westport on charters, 42 and 46 footers powered with gas and they were both fast boats for their size. The skipper was as good as they come. Later I bought a 42 footer and spent several summers up in the straits. The wind and tide can come up so fast out there you cann't believe it. And if that isn't enough the fog can roll in.
If you are going to play in the ocean take the Power Squadrons course on boat handling. It is worth every minute of time you put into it.
The salt is a great place to play but she is even more unforgiving than most rivers.
My two cents
Dave

· Registered
3,279 Posts
Hikepat
you just went several notches up my ladder. You have been and you have seen and that is enough for me. Mother is a cruel teacher!
Excuse me for underestimating where you have been!
Here is to those with salt in there nose, as an old Norski told me. :beer1 :beer1 :beer1

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.