Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, ive always wondered about this semi visible lake. its hard to describe but here goes: when driving east on I90 on the west side a little past the HWY 18 underpass and a little farther up the pass you can see through the trees on the right side a pretty substantial lake. to see it you almost have to look backwards. i dont think there are any roads to this lake and i always forget to stop but does anyone know what im talking about? it looks nice and pure and potentially good for fishing. any info? thanks-ryan

·
Be the guide...
5,190 Posts
I've heard it called echo lake and something else. Echo Glen is on the other side of the freeway. By the way, I90 runs east-west, so the lake is on the south side.

I'm pretty sure it is all on private property. I've tried to get there via HWY 18 and the road along the freeway there, but it just takes you to some houses. It may be possible to take the next exit up (snoqualmie falls) and park and hike a trail in... I've heard it has kokenee in it but not sure about trout...

·
Whammo!
494 Posts
Chad you must have done the same thing I did on the way home to North Bend!! I am unsure of the official name but I actually went there a few weeks ago and the only access is through private property where there are clear signs that say " NO PUBLIC ACCESS NO FISHING" or I assume you could bush wack in and poach it from the west... My advise would be if you are looking for smaller lakes in the area to fish just hit up NF road in weyerhauser country ;-) :beer1 :beer1 :beer1 :beer1

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Curiosity got the best of me couple weeks ago. You can get to it via that next exit. There's a paved road that is blocked off. I parked there, walked to the end of the paved road(1/2 mile), then take a logging road to the lake(about another 1/2 mile). No signs...homes on the west end..some beautiful water. Didn't see anything rising and didn't have my gear at the time. Plan on stopping by there again...float tube necessary!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.