Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
Read an interesting article the other day. Seems like industry has even soured on blockchain. Too complicated. Too expensive to mine. Insane amounts of power consumed to track your pistachio from farm to cart. Just not worth it. They're looking other directions.
you mean like shenzhen china? still knocking block chain? it hasnt even really started yet.....

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
My wife tells me yesterday, that she got rid of the single bitcoin i got her(us) last winter. I spent about $3600 total around Xmas 2018. It was a conversation pce for about a month, then i forgot about it.
The deal doubled the money plus about $2000. All said and done, she said it was about a $5500 gain in the 9 months.
I would have sat on it longer, but i cant fault her for taking the funds and moving them to other securities.

·
LA RAMS are SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!
5,345 Posts
G

·
I always try to remember it was primarily the guys selling pick axes and sacks of flour that got rich during the gold rush. The real, and secure, money to be made in this market will prove to be the technology.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I don't understand it and to me it seems like a Ponzi scam that at one point will come crashing down. Easy come, easy go..!!

"Stefan Thomas, a German-born programmer living in San Francisco, has two guesses left to figure out a password that is worth, as of this week, about $220 million. The problem is that Mr. Thomas years ago lost the paper where he wrote down the password for his IronKey, which gives users 10 guesses before it seizes up and encrypts its contents forever. He has since tried eight of his most commonly used password formulations - to no avail."

I get so pissed off with all the accounts and passwords associated with them. I can't help but see some poetic justice here.

·
Registered
668 Posts
What's really crazy the rush to screw over the short sellers will backire. The Ahole hedge fund short sellers already got bailed out. All the small backlash investors will lose it all. A fool and his money!
Yeah...it's not like the hedge fund dooshers are playing with their personal fortunes, anyways. They're paid in tiny slices of enormous pies and the pie is so big that the slices really add up. The beating heart of these miniature activist investors will stop when some essential core of people bail and the rest are left holding the bag.

Just because hedge funds suck doesn't mean that an out-in-the-open pump and dump is a good thing. Two wrongs and all that. I'm glad it didn't happen to significantly larger companies.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Bitcoin= $61,000.

My brother traded some bitcoin stock and purchased a new Jaguar. I am not a jaguar fan, its his money.
Initial investment of just over $4,000.
You won't get those kind of returns on a savings acct collecting 1.2%.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Wishin I was on the Sauk
4,449 Posts
1 Year ago someone bought 13k in Cripto currency, last week it was worth 5.5 BILLION!

Know a guy that just bout a truck, lost out in 300k after dogecoin blew up a couple weeks ago, yea never know what will happen!

·
Outta Here
3,912 Posts
Bitcoin= $61,000.

My brother traded some bitcoin stock and purchased a new Jaguar. I am not a jaguar fan, its his money.
Initial investment of just over $4,000.
You won't get those kind of returns on a savings acct collecting 1.2%.

View attachment 301376
One day he's going to feel pretty foolish, having cashed out $4 million worth of bitcoin for that Jag.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts