Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have some friends who want to head up to Leech Lake on Friday. Is the ice off the lake and is it worth the drive from Seattle this early in the year? Have done most of my Leech Lake fishing in July and August.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sparse, ******, and I were at that elevation at a lake looking for Mackinaw the a week or two ago, but we ended up having to park ******'s truck and walk the snow in. Lake was still half frozen, probably could have fished it, but she would have been REAL cold. My guess is since run-off hasn't started, Leech may be icey, but there are better authorities on this that I.

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
-Paul Schullery

·
Registered
130 Posts
NO! About 50%. Yes and the water is chilly.

Fished it Sunday. Saw nothing in water, nothing moving on surface. Cannot drive in because of snowdrifts.

Parked on road and walked in. About 50% thawed out. East end open.

I waded around awhile but had not luck on leeches. Not very deep on East end. Also fished where little inlet stream comes in on South side (highway side). Cast my fly to the ice and pulled it into water. Nothing there either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.