Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· North Bend, WA
4,867 Posts
The N/M/S Forks are open year round. All are selective gear rules. The Middle Fork is C&R year round. The North & South Forks are C&K from June 1 - Oct 31, C&R the rest of the year.

The S.F. has kept coming back into shape. It's still a tad high for my liking, but it's fishable. Anything below 300 cfs, in general, is fishable but I prefer it when it's under 100.

It's really too bad they all haven't gone year round C&R. Those fisheries can produce some nice fish, but few make it to their potential. I'm not sure if that's present day impact, or the impact of years of selective C&K on the one time stocked population. Those are the cutts though. There seams to be growing numbers of bows in the system. A few here and there wouldn't surprise me but last year the numbers approach 50% in some areas. That would indicate to me some private hatchery escapement rather then migration up the river from the main stem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.