Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fiance wants to take a casting lesson since even though I can cast well, I'm horrible at showing or explaining to someone else how to do it. She would prefer a female instructor if possible. Are there any locally that you would reccomend?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I remember brita from years ago. She seemed really down to earth. I think she would be a good fit. If anyone has any way of contacting her since she's not at the shop anymore, I would appreciate it. Or if someone can forward my gals into to her for a private lesson

·
Registered
169 Posts
Check out Northwest Fly Fishers casting clinic. We have both male and female instructors, the price is right and you get to meet others interested in learning to fly fish as well as get involved in a family focused fly fishing club.
The club outings are where flyfishers learn to put their new found casting skills to work catching fish.

·
Gone south
1,109 Posts
Karlie at EWA runs a women's fly fishing group with a Facebook private group for keeping in touch. They do chicks-only casting clinics and guided trips if she wants to meet some other female Ffers. Over 600 members last I talked to Karlie!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Reds offers a one day casting class my wife took. It's a group class, she had a lot of fun and she improved a lot. After that you just have to get her out on the rivers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.