Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not a likely fly fishing river, but I thought to share regardless. This type of behavior disgusts me, and apart from tweakers is one of the biggest things I worry about exploring rivers. People online are justifying the assault claiming the bank Fisherman threw a rock at the boat, but as far as I'm concerned they deserved it, along with all the lead lures on earth chucked at them. They were easily doing 15 knots in that video, and almost certainly could have injured someone with their wake. If the alleged rock throwing incident didn't occur, (the source was a single anonymous call to a newspaper) I would also not be surprised if the incident was racially motivated, as out of all the bank fishermen who yelled at them on the bank, they targeted the Black guy. Disgusting inhuman behavior. Incidents like this are why I am anxious to purchase and carry a handgun while I fish

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How the fuck can people just stand there while the Neanderthals pummel the guy?

I've never seen anyone so flagrantly wake others before. That was ridiculous.
My thoughts exactly and that's the most unsettling thing about this video. I've had confrontations while angling before and felt safe knowing if anything went south, others would back me up. People online were saying "not worth getting killed for a stranger" but frankly had enough people stepped in the babboons would be the ones being pummeled

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rumer has it these guy's were throwing rocks at them! Hope they find them so we can get both sides of the story.
Sounds like BS to me. I saw them yelling "SLOW DOWN" but didn not see any rocks being thrown. I would have fired warning shots from my pistol if I saw shit like that happen. Ganging up on a guy like that is cowardice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wasn't there a boat registration numbers on the jet boat?
Here in Arizona, we are an "open carry state". When I'm out fishing, lakes or rivers/streams, many people are packing handguns. As much as I can I prefer to stay away from people.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
B.C. looks like Alaska, but its anti-handgun intolerance is more like New Jersey. Rifles and shotguns are allowed for hunting, of course. The Chilliwack River is actually a nice, medium-small river for fly fishing.

• Haha
Reactions: the_chemist
1 - 20 of 34 Posts