Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The most effective deterrent would have been to not throw rocks at someone's boat. Notice in the Video that no one rushed to the aid of the Rock Thrower:eek:
The rock didnt even hit his boat. Did you see how he was driving? His boat could easily have killed or injured someone. Doesn't take too much wake to knock someone off their feet. I have no idea why anyone is defending the thugs

·
Livin down by the river, eating gov'ment cheese...
56 Posts
I conceal carry for this reason. Those idiots deserved to have someone yelling at them and maybe throwing a rock too. And if they got off their boat and bum rushed me I would have shot all three of them. The police are not going to help you and neither are the other people in the area.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I conceal carry for this reason. Those idiots deserved to have someone yelling at them and maybe throwing a rock too. And if they got off their boat and bum rushed me I would have shot all three of them. The police are not going to help you and neither are the other people in the area.
Except that you cannot carry a handgun in Canada. A US citizen using a handgun in Canada would get the book thrown at them. Anyone you shoot there would be the least of your worries.

·
56 Posts
That’s probably true but I’m in Washington state. Around here it’s not just thugs that might harass a guy for fly fishing (seen it) it’s the meth heads that bust out your window while you’re on the river. Most people you run into are normal and sane but there are enough goons out and about to make carrying a weapon mandatory.

·
56 Posts
Alcoholic thugs are bad enough, but there’s a special level of dehumanization that comes with those willing to put needles into themselves. Methheads are capable of breathtaking displays of violence. They are on another level. Hope this helps…

·
Registered
672 Posts
Alcoholic thugs are bad enough, but there’s a special level of dehumanization that comes with those willing to put needles into themselves. Methheads are capable of breathtaking displays of violence. They are on another level. Hope this helps…
I noticed you left out pot heads. Here is a brief excerpt:
Some will not want to hear this, but the National Library of Medicine reported in 2020: “(1) Marijuana use causes violent behavior through increased aggressiveness, paranoia, and personality changes (more suspicious, aggressive, and anger); (2) Recent illicit and ‘medical marijuana’ …is of much high potency and more likely to cause violent behavior; (3) Marijuana use and its adverse effects should be considered in cases of acts of violence as its role is properly assigned to its high association; and (4) …High potency marijuana is a predictable and preventable cause of tragic, violent consequences.”

I'm not downgrading your thoughts on meth users. Just want to point out that drunken fools and pot heads can fit the violent description as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I stopped fishing the Bulkley because of the morons with jet boats... including the so called "guides" roaring up and down to be the first to drop off so called "clients". If you have never been on the "Vedder" then you cannot understand how ridiculous allowing jets on small rivers is here in BC. It is only a matter of time before we see fatal incidents especially on rivers like the Chilliwack and the Bulkley with jet boats doing over 30 miles an hour running up and down small skinny waters.

I was fishing above Telkwa and was darn near hit by one in a pontoon boat doing a drift. I was going through a shoot and the jet boat could not slow down on the same narrow tack that I was on. It came within 6 feet of my boat and I had to lift oars and move my rod to make sure the jerk didn't break them off. It was not one of the guide boats otherwise the incident would have been reported to a CO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
seems like an easy boat to identify. this happens often in Florida but someone usually helps out. Many bad boaters in this state. Usually drunk and dangerous new boat owners. Follow "the qualified captain" (Instagram or Facebook). You will see what i mean. no im Not affiliated

21 - 34 of 34 Posts