Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of stuff have you gotten from JoAnn Fabrics?
My mom use to sew all kinds of things and has quite a collection of mats. I've been poking thru them looking for stuff I could use.

So far my biggest score has been tools;
Got a great dubbin brush.
dubbin wax in a slotted holder.
Lots of mini spools for tying the small stuff.
Very sharp razorknifes.
Treads and twine.
Some ultrasuede.
Rabbit.
Mink.
Fox.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Most of the above plus Gutermann & Krenik thread, spool holders, foam, and way too many storage containers.
I had to start limiting my trips to the store!

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Sulky, ebroidery thread for bodies, beads, sequins, faux fur, yarns, threaders, needles, organizing items, chenile and lots of conversations with helpful staff that are amazed that guys can take things made for wearing and turn them into lunch for trout.

Jeff, I want, need, covet that dubbing wax holder. Don't leave it lying around at the Hoh Down or next Guys, Flies and Pies. I have to find one of those. You should see what happens when I use my dubbing wax in a stick...I get it everywhere.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What kind of stuff have you gotten from JoAnn Fabrics?
My mom use to sew all kinds of things and has quite a collection of mats. I've been poking thru them looking for stuff I could use.

So far my biggest score has been tools;
Got a great dubbin brush.
dubbin wax in a slotted holder.
Lots of mini spools for tying the small stuff.
Very sharp razorknifes.
Treads and twine.
Some ultrasuede.
Rabbit.
Mink.
Fox.
Jeff, what does the dubbing wax holder look like? do you have a picture you can post? I have never seen one

·
Banned
829 Posts
I got a bunch of the Sulky when my local Hancock Fabrics was closing down. My only nit is that it holds the shape of the spool and it can be tough to get a nice flat wind out of it. Works great otherwise.

My guy friends who tie don't want any of the Sulky when they know it came from a *gasp* fabric store. I have a lot of it but not all the colors if anyone wants to trade. I think I have silver, gold, green, red.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.