Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
No longer here
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back there was discussion of a position at Sage for a Marketing Manager, which is still open.
Rio also has an opening for a Marketing Manager/Product Manager at their Idaho Falls office. I got this info on LinkedIn
in case anyone is interested. Far Bank Enterprises is the parent company of both Sage and Rio.

·
Formerly FlyCatcherman, formerly Don_The_Fly
105 Posts
It looks like there is a captain position that recently opened to skipper the Cornelia Marie crab fishing boat in Alaska.

·
No longer here
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leland, I would apply for the store manager in Bellevue except for two reasons:

1. I have no retail managerial experience
2. I'd be horrible to work for.

·
Remember when you could remember everything?
7,182 Posts
Unfortunately for many folks with experience in the flyfishing industry, their best job option these days requires them to wear a uniform and ask, "Would you like to supersize that order?"

K

·
Registered
25 Posts
Orvis in Jackson would be nice. Does the salary allow one to reside in Jackson?
You're kidding, right? For someone on industry wage you'll be living four to a house in Jackson. Things in the Teton Valley aren't much better as far as cost of living.

If you want to get into the FF industry you had better come in already bankrolled, and with your house paid off. There are very, very few people making what I consider to be a viable living in the industry. You'd be better off to become a teacher - more pay, benefits & summers off.

·
I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!
785 Posts
Might as well be a teacher! ahaahahhahhah don't get you hopes up there either.... But hey i can't really complain I guess. I can pay my bills and fish.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'd like to get back in to the industry, but with a wife in Grad School, house, and a good job it'd be a hit. Plus I enjoy a 9-80 schedule, no Saturdays at the shop etc. I can't say work is as enjoyable as it was guiding and working for outdoor shops/manufacturers, but at least I have this forum....

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Unfortunately for many folks with experience in the flyfishing industry, their best job option these days requires them to wear a uniform and ask, "Would you like to supersize that order?"

K
Yeah, and if you don't have a Masters Degree, forget working at Mc........ds..... or anywhere.

G

·
I know this thread is a month old, but I thought I would post a job posting for a PNW Washington company by a headhunter called The Generator Group. I don't know anything about the company, so if they make crap I don't want to hear about it...

http://careers.outdoorindustry.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=3295790

Our client is an industry leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of fly fishing products. Based in the Pacific Northwest, their products are designed for "maximum fishability", helping you cast better, fish more effectively and have more fun on the water.

Responsibilities include:
•Deliver critical insights into core consumer's purchasing habits, product/brand perceptions, and overall lifestyle.
•Deliver integrated communication plans that leverage key brand and seasonal product initiatives.
•Construct a thorough analysis of brands competitive set, per product category, and help determine areas where we can differentiate ourselves in product and communication strategies.
•Compile consumer, competitor, industry, and general consumer goods trends into a formalized Marketing Audit to help guide brand, strategic, and product planning.
•Work closely with Product Category Managers to ensure product positioning aligns with consumer and market insights.
•Develop advertising plans including budgets, briefs and media buy.

·
Formerly FlyCatcherman, formerly Don_The_Fly
105 Posts
Huh? What is "brands competitive set"? I could probably give "critical insights into core consumer’s purchasing habits" if I knew what they were selling. Of all the requirements for consideration, the only one I have is the "passion for flyfishing" Think they might want to hire me?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.