Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was up there last July. Fished Montana Creek for Dollys and Cuttthroat and did real well. There were a few Chum running around up there too. My highlight was at Echo Cove. The Pinks were everywhere and more than willing to pounce on pink streamers. No boat, just wade and cast at the risers. Over 50 in two days. They are alot of fun in the salt on a 6-7 weight. Before you go contact the local fly shop in Juneau. He can hook you up with whats happening. I'm sorry I can't remember the name, but check out the web for Juneau or SW Alaska flyfishing. Have fun. :THUMBSUP

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used purple and olive egg sucking leeches for the Dollies and anything pink for the Pinks. It might be a touch early for the Pinks though. The place to call is Juneau Fly Fishing Goods 907-586-3754. He'll be happy to set you up with whats working for whats biting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry for the delay in answering you. I've been in Montana watching it go from 86 degrees on Tuesday to a flipping snowstorm on Wednesday. Last year when I fished Montana Creek near Juneau, the Chum were running, so I imagine the Dollies and Searuns were following them up the creek feeding on eggs and chunks of the dying salmon. I didnt find any Brookies or Rainbows and I'm not sure there are any in Montana Creek. Again, check with the fly shop I mentioned in my previous post. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.