Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Blind hog fisherman
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call and invite from a fishing buddy/teacher to join him at Lincoln Park this morning. We got there with a flooding tide that was slowing down. There was very little action, one other flyguy and a gear fisherman were there but no apparent action. It was a gorgeous day with the low clouds and fog, gray but surprisingly warm. We sling lines, shoot the "stuff" and enjoy the couple of hours. I tell my guy to hook a fish because I want to photograph it. As on cue, he does. We thought it was a resident salmon when he first hooked it: good jump, hard pull. Fish gets close: really nice SRC. I screw the underwater and a closeup shots of the fish since we don't want to put hands to it. It's off and gone. Great morning, the only thing better than catching a good fish is watching a good friend catch it.

Thanks for the call this morning Terry. That fly you tied was the ticket.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Cheers for joining Karl, was a nice morning to get out. It felt like a warm October out there...

We saw bmack on the way in and waved, nice loops dude :thumb:

There were a few schools of fish moving around, sort of being herded by the seals. One seal in particular kept eye balling us, waiting for a hookup and an easy meal, I recon their season has pretty much sucked as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.