Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved to western Washington. I am aware of the great steelhead rivers on the west side but I was wondering if there where the good rainbow or brown bearing waters are. I live near the mouth of the Chehalis River system. :dunno

·
Be the guide...
5,157 Posts
The WDFW has some good info that will get you started. Try here first: http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/fish/prospects/county.htm
Also, you can look up stocking info (look up both fry plants as well as 'catchable' plants) and you can see if any browns are planted in your area. Lackamas lake is kinda down that way and gets a lot of browns - but it is a muddy bass lake for the most part.

Another good place to look is washinglakes.com for a county by county lake summary with some reports.

Good luck!

·
Registered
384 Posts
You will have to look hard to find "brown bear" in the Chehalis River system. Better luck in Alaska... :+

Seriously...you are in an awesome are for fishing year-around for all sorts of species. Get ready for some 5wt action for humpies in September! Tons of fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.