Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was eating my lunch today at the Lake Cassiday boat launch and watching the plunkers when I saw a guy using a R/C boat. On closer inspection the guy was using it as a bobber. Instead of casting he was towing his line from the boat out in the lake. Didn't see any takes though. Pretty funny. :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that would be a fun fly casting contest! Casting with explosives!!!! He He He, Yeahh Yeahh Fire!! Shut up Bevis

·
Formerly tbc1415
3,179 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I have watched the Bass TV programs on occasion and it seems to me that about five years ago, either Hank Parker or Bill Dance did a show with those type rigs with some kids fishing for Bluegill or Perch so it isn't all that new. Leave it to those guys tro do something like that.

·
newt
200 Posts
I saw a show were a surfer took a guys line/ bait and surfed out into shark infested water ....a very long distance out and dropped the line in the water, surfed back and the guy hooked up with a fat shark. then he got on his rigged seat on the truck and was fishing from there all strapped in. i don't remember but i think a buddy of his was driving the truck on the beach. they landed it and said soon after it became to bank fish for shark. were or what country i forget. but that was some crazy stuff there.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
RC Bait Boats are not uncommon throughout Europe. Their two basic uses are to drop chum in areas unreachable from shore and to drop the fisherman's baited hook in those same areas. Many carp lakes restrict anglers to fishing from shore.

http://www.carptechnics.com/

http://www.comparebaitboats.com/

http://northwestcarp.blogspot.com/2009/06/viper-icon-bait-boat.html

TC
Man, add 900 dollars for a bait boat to the cost of your rod/reel/etc. What a way to up the ante!

·
Registered
972 Posts
R/C boat fishing...never seen that! I used to fish from my longboard on days when the surf was small and I just felt like getting out there....but never for sharks. I did get towed a bit by a nice halibut once! I do recall that someone on a longboard did hook a large thresher shark some years ago and it towed him well up the coast - but he did land it. It made the papers. Now HOW he landed it would've been interesting to see.

·
Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin
406 Posts
Clever. I read once about polynesians who would catch fish using kytes. I also saw people catching fish using two litter bottles they would hang hooked worms from them. Good luck trying any of that crap on the rivers though.

·
Physhicist
4,022 Posts
I saw of video of some1 doing this on youtube. Dumbest shit ever. I wonder if put an m80 on the tippet if I could sink his battleship.
I just have to ask..... What's so dumb about it? Sounds kind of funny. Good thing we don't all take this whole fishing thing so serious. I always thought pulling a bugger around on one of those would be kind of cool. Watch for the back end to dip and then punch it.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.