Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SeaToTree
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few posts on Kalaloch - i'll be in that area Thursday/Sunday. Last summer i threw my line in the Bogi for a while but just caught small trout, saw one monster roll near the bank (guessing left over). Saw someone mention they went and fished higher up in the Kalaloch creek and had some 10"'ers to the fly. I'll do that last resort, would like to try for some bigger fish in more open areas. I fish over there in the winter for the unicorns on Hoh/Bogi etc but haven't really hit it in the summer:

1) Anyone just go cast in the surf at Kalaloch Creek as it dumps into Pacific? Any luck and on what? I have zero experience in the salt other than reading on here but SeaRun Cuts sound fun.

2) Queets - know of a good map showing tribal land (AKA where not to fish without a guide)?

3) Where do you think I have the best luck over there at this time? Queets? I got my 8 wt to be safe...

Its the family reunion so i need to escape for a bit. Thanks!

·
SeaToTree
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the PMs - I'm going to try a few things over there and will get back at this thread next week with results. Weather is looking niiiiiiice if the fog doesn't hold in there too long.

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
Good luck and have fun. But the fog hanging around won't hurt the fishing any. Last I checked, the forecast was for offshore flow here at the coast around the Twin Harbors on Saturday. Might be sunny and bright all day. And actually get hot here, since the wind won't be blowing off the ocean. Don't know about Sunday, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.