Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I lived in a big city, this would be different. I fish quite a bit, so I keep waders and all my flies in my trunk. Also rods for #3 - #8 lines. Sometimes I take my waders out, but the thought of not being able to go straight from work to the river kills me. Do you guys who fish 75+ days a year take your stuff out of your car every night?

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you leave wet waders in your trunk?
Actually in my back window so they dry with the windows down. I'm considering discontinuing this practice to keep my new rig nice. I do take them inside during the winter.

I'm considering a Rocketbox just for waders, boots, and nets.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Yup. And I received an unpleasant reminder why yesterday. I left the old 6' tie-down that I secure my float tube with in the back of my truck yesterday morning. When I returned, it had vanished; I guess some asshat couldn't afford a couple bucks at Harbor Freight to buy his own. I'm glad I had nylon rope inside the cab.

·
dead drifting into thread drift
5,757 Posts
I wish I still got 75 days in.

For me, I've always brought everything inside. Never want to take that risk. Especially with my rods which would take a bit more time to replace than average. Some (custom Fisher) simply aren't replaceable.

·
2,189 Posts
Do you leave wet waders in your trunk? I try to hang mine after every use to dry.

Sometimes I will leave stuff in my truck but most times I stow my gear after each trip. You've seen my set up in the garage. I'm pretty organized and it takes 2 minutes to grab what I need.

Swimmy..... that's disgusting !!! :)

Here in saltwater land I think most of us have to take out stuff out to rinse it off so it goes in the garage but mine sure doesn't look like Swimmy's.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Do you leave wet waders in your trunk? I try to hang mine after every use to dry.

Sometimes I will leave stuff in my truck but most times I stow my gear after each trip. You've seen my set up in the garage. I'm pretty organized and it takes 2 minutes to grab what I need.

Wood Art Machine Flooring Automotive exterior

Not quite as organized as Swimmy, but I try! I am a little nervous leaving the Sage One Spey out like that...might walk out one day and find it snapped in half overnight!
The gear rods are in a pile on top of that shelf because they deserve it.

·
Have you swung a fly today?-
480 Posts
I have way too much gear and I leave 2 rods sometimes 3 in the car with 2 wallets of lines a case of reels and wading shit flies etc. I use plastic boxes cuz water was dripping from waders making it stink.

Lately I have been taking rods out. Wondering about break ins

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Well, after my vehicle break in I don't leave anything in my truck any more. I leave it looking pretty sterile inside. I even have a hard time doing it at work (we've had a couple break ins there too). Wish we were a bigger center that has a secured parking lot. We do a lot of local after work trips with PHW. I'll stress now leaving stuff in my truck or my kayak in bed of pickup.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

The box and stool are ok, it's just the camera angle, but the shop vac is definitely off. Can you rotate slightly left, take a fresh photo and repost before I go to bed tonight...I need to sleep. See you in group.

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts

What disturbs me most about this pic is the cat carrier! Are you "cat people"?:eek::eek::eek:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.