Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ignored Member
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got info on the Keystone to Port Townsend 1st morning run? How busy is it? How early should I get there to assure myself a spot on the boat?

Thx

·
Registered
180 Posts
I grew up on Whidbey, man I'm glad I don't have to take those ferries anymore. You can reserve a spot. Maybe you don't need to for the earliest ferry, but if it's a weekend I would. Also those ferries are the smallest the state uses and if the tide is low they won't depart. My old man often used the term cluster fuc* to describe that route.. good luck!

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,855 Posts
Kerry,
Another consideration is the Edmonds - Kingston route, although possibly a bit more of a drive from SW.
First boat leaves Edmonds at 5:45 Monday through Saturday. I've never had any issue getting on it. Once you hit Kingston, you are only something like 8 miles from the HC bridge.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
make a reservation, period. this boat runs 'most' of the time but you never know if the wind and tide are too much to handle. there are also some tide cancellations that are knows in advance so check it out. pretty unreliable at this point so plan accordingly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.