Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fly Guy Eat Pie
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's 4:18PM now and I've now spent roughly 6 hours of my work day reading dozens of old archived threads on this forum. maybe im going crazy...

anyone else spend extended amounts of time on this forum instead of working?

·
Fly Guy Eat Pie
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, if I had to guess you either work for Boeing or WA state :D
not Boeing, but i have friends who honestly tell me they work about 4 hours a week and the other 36 hours are spent doing nothing.

as for me...i work for a equally boring and big company.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Nothing productive anyway. It's not our fault (guess where I work), slogging one's way through institutionalized waste and policy does take time... thanks god it pays the same:beathead:

·
Fly Guy Eat Pie
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing productive anyway. It's not our fault (guess where I work), slogging one's way through institutionalized waste and policy does take time... thanks god it pays the same:beathead:
oh the joys of corporate slogging lol. its a blessing cuz it enables me to spend endless amounts of time reading a fly fishing forum...but a curse when you're bored out your mind.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
not Boeing, but i have friends who honestly tell me they work about 4 hours a week and the other 36 hours are spent doing nothing.

as for me...i work for a equally boring and big company.
I worked for Boeing for over 38 years. While it might be boring sometimes. The pay was excellent. Where else can one work with your hands and make over 25 bucks an hour.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Spent time today reloading & baking bread, playing with the Jack Russell, and tinkering with my Jeep . . . I'd have tied flies, but I have an inventory my Grandkids could never possibly exhaust . . . I check the forum (and a couple others of interest when the spirit moves me), but I much prefer using available time to killing it. Life is fleeting . . . at 62, it seems to evaporate even more quickly. Activity beats inactivity hands-down, every time. Trip to the Vet tomorrow morning, then either coyote hunting or chasing Steel with one of the wands. May take an old alarm clock just to see what it's like . . . thanks, Gary! Oh, and I'm cooking dinner for my Baby Girl tonight when She gets off work (ribeyes on the grill, fresh tossed salad, homemade Montana elk-camp beans, and fresh bread . . . mmmmm!

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Doing well, Ed. And you are correct, so I reload in one end of the house & bake in the other end (old age and senility being what it is, lol) . . . now did that recipe say place 23.7 grains of H-322 in the oven at 350-degrees or was it H-350 at 322? Blackest yeast I ever saw . . .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ha! Don't I wish. Today has been my first visit back on the forum in a couple of months.

I was laid off in November, so now I'm working all the time (started my own company to do some consulting until something better comes along... turns out just about anything has got to be better than consulting.)
I'd take it easy, do some fishing, but my wife was laid off in October, so we've gone from being DINKs to not having an income at all. (It's not so bad, there's severance, and there's the emergency fund, but now I really can't justify the phrase "emergency drift boat". Sigh.)

Paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.