Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met so many people at the event that trying to remember everyone was tough. BUT, I do recall meeting a gentleman at my cook booth. He does read this forum, and if memory serves me he was one of the vendors there (or rep'd a club). I'm trying to get in touch with him. So, pretty easy. If you were the one at the cookshack who was telling me you had a recipe for the best damned coleslaw, could you contact me? I'm really wanting that recipe, and figured since he lurked here would be the easiest way to do this.

So, if you were the guy who had the recipe, shoot me a message here. I want that recipe for my pulled pork sandwiches. :thumb:

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
WE Need to come to the fair anyway. Where else unless fishing?

·
1,411 Posts
Eric,

I'm thinking that you may have to come to the Fair this coming June 19 to get pulled pork and slaw sammie.

Leland.
And don't stand near Leland when he has the bullhorn.....

He can be pretty loud. :clown:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Lets have a 'contest!'

I've made the following and its only 'problem' is it only serves six.

For the best flavor, prepare this salad and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Ingredients:

* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
* 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1 tablespoon spicy or Creole mustard
* 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 2 medium unpeeled Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji apples, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced crosswise
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 3 cups coarsely shredded red cabbage
* 2 cups coarsely shredded green cabbage
* 3/4 cup dried cranberries
* 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted, optional
* salt and pepper, to taste

Preparation:
Whisk both vinegars and mustard in small bowl. Gradually whisk in the honey and olive oil.

Toss apples with lemon juice, shredded cabbage, and dried cranberries. Add dressing and toss. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in pecans, if using. Refrigerate the salad and toss again before serving.
Serves 6.

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Jerry! Check out the site sponsor's page and see if any name rings a bell... http://jimmygreenflyexpo.com/sponsors.htm
I did that Bill, nothing rang a bell. Why I thought I'd ask here.

And, yeah, slaw on the pulled pork. I just can't seem to find one I like, and way he described it, it sounded fantastic. Was going to give me the recipe. Well, I just stopped using slaw for now. Going to try up Fred's and see how that goes. But may do pulled pork one night at the Hoh Down this year. And, I'm supposed to be doing the cooking again at this years Jimmy Green event. So may do pulled pork this year (depending if the guy running the foodshack lets me ;) ).

Just did a bunch of pulled pork yesterday. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Just would be nice to add a nice slaw to it.

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go ahead and send it to me Lonnie. Especially if it's made for pulled pork. I'd love to try it. Just know we were talking about BBQ, and he told me about the slaw he had for pulled pork. I gave him my card, he was out of them (I was too shortly after LOL).

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, and think that's the problem. Most of the slaws I've been getting weren't "pulled pork" slaws. I did have a slaw on my bbq years back on the east coast. Was terrific. But man, have no idea who the hole in the wall places name was and if they would even give me the recipe for it anyways. Just remember it was near Memphis. Owner was from SC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.