Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the shop had access to the lake ...and we beat it up! you could change a fly each cast and catch a fish ...pretty stupid. u ever meet the armed guard up there?
Ya I did, but to be honest most of us packed when we would go up to check on the lake because of the methheads and the locals who thought the lake being private was bullshit and that they had as much right to fish as anyone. When asked to leave the would tell us to f^%k off. The only way I found to get them to leave, with their stringer of 10+ fish, was to point my camera at them. They would get up and out in hurry as soon as we did that lol Did you work out of swedes? I heard another shop was going to work the lake 3 or 4 years after we had. Ya, it didn't take any skill to catch a huge trout on that lake, it made for a lot of over the moon clients. It is a shame if it is just sitting there..... A lot of amazing things they could of done up there. Other problem was the 4 wheelers, it didn't matter what we did to secure the gate, they were determined, finally gave up trying when they would bring the welding torch and just cut the gates lock box open.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was up there before it was a private fishing lake., I also made it up there when it was stocked with big fish. A pellet fly would work. Shit, that was a long time ago.
To get the biggest fish in the lake I would take a pellet fly and do a ton of false casts slapping the surface of the water imitating a lot of pellets hitting the surface right along the floating dock out in the middle of the lake and BAM!!! Every time

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn I miss him and that shop. You never know how good you have it when there is a fly shop in your city until it is gone. Ya if I remember right they were running trips in there first before we started a few years later. How is Ron doing these days? He is still local?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.