Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I posted this in the FlyBC forum but also wanted to post here to get some input.. I was gifted a sudden Kitchen Pass as the wife and little one will be out of town. With a whole weekend available, I decided to explore a new area as the bikini hatch will be in full force this weekend on the Yakima. Some peace and quiet on a beautiful river or lake seems ideal to me.

Some initial searching provided some interesting spots like Fernie area, but that is out of my range for a weekend trip. ( I prefer to stay withing a 4-5 hour drive of Seattle). The Skagit also looks tempting so I have put that on the list. I kindly ask for some suggestions. Below is what I am looking for.

Species - Trout
River preferred but open to Lakes
Fly Fishing, single hand - C&R preferred
Car or tent camping (I do have 4wheel drive but seeing this is a solo trip want to avoid anything more than gravel roads)
Range - 4-5 hours from Seattle

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Regards,
Brian G.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is there an event on the Yak this weekend? Was planning on floating the LC or above cle elum, but may hold off if there's another "mega-float" planned.

If I were you I would head to the Bend area. Fish the Metolius, Deschutes, Crooked, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not know of an "mega-float" plans. I did several LC floats several weeks ago, and it did get crowded in the afternoon. But since I have the whole weekend wanted to spend more time on the water.

Penobscot had a good suggestion and it's an area I have not covered so I am packed up and ready to go explore!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.