Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts

Fishing a stream about 2 miles up my Korker's soles separated from the uppers. Rather shocking as they advertise themselves as a quality product. Having a good look at them you can see there is very little glue holding the uppers to the Sole. Must have been a Monday Morning boot, or the guy was running out of glue. Had a hell of a time limping back. Luckily I had some leader to hold them together for the walk back. Don't expect them to last forever but where is quality control.

Warranty has expired but emailed customer service, as they seemed to have a rather shoddy glue job to say the least. Not much bonding there. Here's the answer I received below. Basically too bad fix them yourself. Gone are the days where people stood behind their products. Can't say I'll be running out to buy another pair of Korkers and rather disappointed as they are not cheap. Can't find the glue they suggested but will try Shoo Glue. Let you know how it works. Anyone else had this problem?

-------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for getting in touch with us, I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced a problem with one of our products. For most glue issues and repairs, I'd recommend a product called Free Sole:

You'll want to make sure that the boots are clean and dry before attempting a repair. Let us know if you have any other questions, thank you.

Best Regards,

Mark Fuller
Customer Service Account Manager
Korkers Products, LLC

-------------------------------------------------------

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
What did your email say? Had a blowout, out of warranty, how do I fix these? Just curious.

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Sucks when this happens. But, did you expect them to last forever? Did you think they would replace them?

Yes, I think older Korkers had some problems with quality control/design issues. Seems they have worked most of them out. Considering the price point I don't expect them to last forever.

I remember what I paid for really good hiking boots back in the day. Ouch!

·
Moved to https://pnwflyfish.com
3,286 Posts
I had a sole stitching failure on a pair of Korkers that were out of warranty and they replaced them free of charge. The difference is that a glue failure is much easier for the average person to fix. Korkers aren't cheap, but they're certainly less than many boots that are likely more durable, so pick you poison.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
They're done, stick a fork in em... oh, wait, I see you already have :D.

I have been nursing my Gen 1 Korkers along for way more miles than I should have hoped for. The only grump is that the soles tend to pop out when I squat down and flex them considerably. I finally just used Gorilla Glue to anchor them. I'm still undecided on what boots I will get to replace them.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I own a pair of Korkers and ended up shoe gooing the soles on and use them only when in some ones drift boat and they don't like studded boots.

I have had such good results with Simms boots that is all I will ever buy anymore. The Simms may cost a bit more but for the bit of extra cost I get a lot more wear.

Dave

·
Buenos Hatches Ese
1,585 Posts
The felt separated from the removable portion of the sole on my Korkers. I just hit it with some gorilla glue and it's as good as new. Honestly, considering what I spent on them and the number of river days I have logged, I'm still totally happy with these boots. It's a bummer that yours are out of warranty, but just glue them back together and squeeze as much life out of them as you can. With a new set of laces and couple of DIY repairs, I've gotten 2 years out of mine so far and I average almost 100 river days a year. For a set of boots that I spent barely over $100 on, that's pretty good. I'm positive that Simms makes better boots and has a better warranty, but at half the cost, the ROE on the Korkers is good enough for me to buy another pair.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.