Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to Port Angeles. I've been fishing the lakes over here a little. I've spent about 12 hours total on Aldwell, mostly fighting the wind. C+R'd a couple 9" Rainbows. I realize Aldwell is no longer stocked, but are there still fish there in decent numbers (I'm not sure what that means)? If so, any tips on fishing there?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info on the Elwah. I fished it once last September. About 1/2 mile above Devil's Punch Bowl (or something like that). It was a part of the river acessed from the Gyser Valley trail. I C+R'd a nice 12" Rainbow. I definitely will get back on the Elwah, including the lower parts that lie outside the Park.

I'm going to have to get up the gumption to hike in to the upper portions. I'm not to speedy of a hiker so I thought I'd probably need to do an overnight trip. I understand that once you leave the geyser Valley area, you need to go upriver at least 10 miles to be able to acess the river.

Thanks again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.