Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have ever flyfished for bass in Lake Campbell next to Pass Lake. Every time I drive by it on the way to chase trout I have an urge to stop there and see if I can tempt any bucket-mouths.
:dunno Thanks, Aaron J

·
Registered
17 Posts
I fished there with a friend last year about this time. I spent the morning tossing a deer hair popper towards the edges of lily pads and didn't catch a thing except lily pads. My buddy was fishing gear and didn't catch anything either. There were several pairs of people fishing from bass boats that didn't catch a thing either. Still, it was a fairly pleasant, quiet experience in spite of the presence of a number of high octane boats on the water. I must say that although the bass boaters looked at my friend and I like we were from Mars when we took our float tubes down to the boat launch, they were unfailingly polite on the water and gave us a wide berth. It was quite refreshing after some of the experiences I've had chasing summer run steelhead on west side rivers. These guys were gear heads with a conscience.

Judging by the number of guys fishing, I think this lake has some potential. I will be back when I get a chance. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.