Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Another Flyfisherman
748 Posts
This is funny that someone asks. I was up in that area a couple weeks ago and I didnt push the gate to see it it was open. I left my truck at the top and walked down. About 5 minutes a couple guys came driving down. I was also starting to wonder why there were cars down there and people camping if the gate was locked. when I got back up, I pushed the gate and it was unlocked. I felt like a jackass! As of 3 weeks ago - It was open!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
WOW! thats great news. im going there this weekend and thought i would have to hual 2 pontoon boats and camping gear down for me and the lady. i hope the gate is still open! ill be the phillopino half breed with bucks bags that cant spell and no fish. say hi. dont get to close, i think im cursed for fishing. i like to say im going casting for the weekend. Jay

·
Patrick
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If we end up going there I will look you up. Still trying to deside were to go and looking over the options. I am looking so far at Bumping Lake, Merrill, this small lake on MT Adams or heading up to the Hood Canal area. All 4 I would like to hit but since this is the long weekend we will only hit one of and set up a base camp.

·
Patrick
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lake Merrill gate

They had the same problem last year as well. Last year they found a host at the last minute who started a couple days later after they found him on the Friday before the long weekend. In fact I parked on top since I got there at 10AM that Friday and hiked down. After about 3 hours the gate camp host showed up and opened up the gate. At least I did not have to hike everything back up. Since I will be in a 12' boat this time I guess I will look elsewhere for some camping and fishing this weekend. I would hate to carry that big thing up that hill. Thank you all for the report I guess Merrill will have to wait for me until I am traveling solo or with others with easy to carry craft. Besides it make it easier to hit the Eastside of the mountain lake on the way back to Seattle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.